The classic Cub, CAD-engineered for electric flight.
You'll enjoy many advantages with Great Planes' Piper J-3 ElectriCub — from exciting semi-scale looks patterned after one of aviation's most popular aircraft, to versatile performance that makes it a thoroughly satisfying first (or next) electric model. It tucks away comfortably in your car, always ready for a flight... just pop in a fresh battery and take your place in the sky!
- CAD engineering provides easy, perfectly interlocking assembly -- further simplified by a one-piece ABS cowl.
- Aileron-equipped wing increases maneuverability for flying basic aerobatics.
- Semi-scale details include clear, precision-formed cabin windows, replica engine cylinder heads and authentic Cub markings.
- Bolt-on wing mounting lets you quickly and easily remove the wing for travel, then reattach it securely in no time at the flying field.
- Motor mount accepts direct drive or gear drive motors.
S-600 motor system, 1/8" wire landing gear, misc. hardware
FUTJ51** (3-ch fm) or TOWJ41** (4-ch fm)
see note below
FUTL0442 (4-ch fm lo), FUTL0443 (4-ch fm hi)
FUTL62** (LOW) FUTL63** (HI)
FUTM0033 (S3101), TOWM4505 (TS-10), HCAM0110 (CS-12)
GPMG0710 (S-600) (for direct drive)
GPMG0700 (T-600R) (for gear drive)
GPMM2030 (C-30), GPMM2050 (C-50)
GPMP0741 (1900SCR 8.4V 7C Thrust FLT, NiCd)
GPMG0710 (motor, prop and microswitch)
MASQ1270 (8x4 for S-600 motor) MASQ1527 (10x8 electric for T-600R motor)
GPMM3156 (Triton2 EQ), GPMM3001 (Peak 400 DC)
Note: Some models require a 3-channel radio system, but a 4-channel will also work and it's beneficial because the modeler can use it in a wider range of applications with larger aircraft in the future. It depends on whether the modeler plans on using their radio for different uses other than just this airplane. Also please note that some radios come with receiver, crystal and/or servos.